HomePage Forums SIM and WATCHU Connectivity SIM Connectivity and Details can we use vietnamese SIM for Watchu?

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nguyenvume 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I am Vietnamese and living in Hochiminh City, Vietnam, I have checked with our local phone system and the connectivity are 900MHz & 1800MHz which are the same your Watchu’s specifications. Can we use Vietnamese SIM GMS 900 or 1800MHz for watchu? and will watchu phone watch be workable in Vietnam mobile system?
    If everything is OK, I love to buy Watchu, can you ship to my address in Hochiminh City, Vietnam?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  nguyenvume.

Hello

You can use our CPR Chameleon SIM which runs on 2G signal (GPS/LBS) only.
    If you wish to use your own network provider, we cannot guarantee full functionality with a third party SIM as it will be locked to using a single networks for LBS tracking.

If you use our SIM it will use all available networks to ensure the best signal and functionality.

If you wish to purchase our watchu, you can do so via amazon.co.uk (or .com) or our website http://www.watchu.com and choose your country of preference for currency and delivery.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    WATCHU Technical Support Team
    support@watchugps.com
    USA: 408-872-6822 Mon-Fri 4am-5pm EST
    UK: 01792 342 708 Mon-Fri 8am-10pm

Dear Mr. Louise,
    If I use your CPR Chameleon SIM for watchu, can it be worked in Vietnam? and in this case, do I have to pay any additional international phone call fee?

Thank you for your supports!

Best regards,

Hello

Our SIM will work in Vietnam for you. If you make international calls then you would
    pay international costs.

It uses the 2G network using all available network providers to get the best signal for
    you.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    support@watchugps.com

Thank you very much for your support and information!

You’re very welcome

Kind Regards
    Louise
    support@watchugps.com

Dear Louise,
    I still have some queries about charged fees for your CPR Chameleon SIM for watchu as follows:
    1. How much will I pay for your CPR Chameleon SIM per annually?
    2. Can I use my Vietnamese local mobile phone number as administrator number for Watchu?
    3. Will all calls from Watchu to my local mobile phone number (Administrator number) (or revert from my number to watchu) be charged as international fee?
    Please advise!

Thank you very much!
    Anh Vu

Hello
    Here are the charges:
    CPR Chameleon for use in the UK & Rest of Europe
    Monthly line rental (for network switching) £1.00
    Calls to EU fixed lines and mobiles 30p
    Texts to all destinations 15p
    Data per MB 20p
    Calls to all international destinations (Outside EU)
    POA
    Above prices exclude 20% VAT. Charges shown are per minute, per message or per MB unless otherwise stated.

Yes you can use your number as the administrator, just ensure you add the country code in correctly so that it is saved as it shows in your caller ID or you won’t be able to phone the watchu or it won’t be able to phone you correctly.

As for the additional call costs, that will depend on your SIM carrier. You can also get a SIM from your provider, but it would need to be only 2G enabled for voice calls and data tracking.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    support@watchugps.com

Dear Louise,
    I got your reply.
    Thank you very much for your information and supports!
    Kind Regards,

Anh Vu
    Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hi

You are very welcome.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    support@watchugps.com

Dear Louise,

I have bought 01 Watchu for my 8 year-old daughter via amazon, it will take time for shipping, I may need your support in new setting up watchu when it’s arrived.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Anh Vu
    Hochiminh City, Vietnam.

Hi

No problem, if you need any assistance just let me know.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    support@watchugps.com

Hi Louise,

I have got a watchu watch for my daughter

I registered my phone number: +84919063683 and my daughter’s watchu sim number is +841207673683.
    I have been getting problems that as follows:
    1. Can I use my daughter’s watchu Vietnamese sim number (+841207673683) for this watchu? (I inserted this sim but it did not work!
    2. If I can, how to register this sim number for watchu?
    3. I have got the Sim included with Watchu, the sim number is: +17272205953 , Code: 4118, serial: 8944538525005464118

Please provide me your support for these problems.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Anh Vu

Hi Louise,

one more thing that If I can use Vietnamese sim, do I have to top-up the Vietnamese sim as required?
    I don’t know how to type correctly sim number in international format as instructed in that page! please give me an instruction and a sample for this issue.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Anh Vu

Hi Anh

Take the SIM you have purchased and place it in your cell phone, then from the settings, (network settings) make sure it is only 2G enabled. Once this selection has been made and saved on the SIM, then take it out and put it into the WATCHU. Then turn the watchu off.

Wait a few minutes, turn it back on again. You will need your SIM service provider to send an SMS (Text) APN setting to the SIM number to get it to link with the APP.

Or alternatively let me know who the provider is and I will get the APN for you so you can send it yourself from the ADMIN phone.

Then to register the SIM number with the watch, simply go onto our website and click on SIM services, register your sim from the drop down menu and complete the form.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards
    Louise
    WATCHU Senior Technical Support Team
    support@watchugps.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.